Honolulu, Hawaii, proved a popular wellness travel destination in 2016, taking the No. 1, 2, and 8 spots in the Top 10 Beach Spas of 2016. Mexico kept its place in the sun with four beach spas on the list, followed by one each from New York, California and Florida.Spas of America’s annual ranking of top spas is based on consumer behavior on www.spasofamerica.com, the world’s largest spa and wellness travel website.
“Beach spas are one of the most-loved spa experiences, combining the natural beauty and fun of a warm beach with the rest and relaxation of a spa,” says Spas of America president Craig Oliver. “Our website features more than 115 beach spa experiences from around the world.”
“Hawai’i is the ultimate in tropical vacations,” says Abhasa Spa manager Mio Nozawa. “Our clients love to experience the luxurious, healing treatments in a tranquil garden setting. There is nothing like being pampered and feeling the gentle Hawaiian breeze dance through your hair, while taking in the immense beauty of this sacred island.”
Spas of America’s Top 10 Beach Spas of 2016
- Spa Khakara, Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Abhasa Spa, The Royal Hawaiian, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Jasha Spa at JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
- Seawater Spa, Gurney’s Montauk Resort, Montauk, New York
- The Spa at Grand Velas Riviera Maya, Riviera Maya, Mexico
- The Spa at Catamaran Resort Hotel, San Diego, California
- The Spa at the Shelborne South Beach, Miami Beach, Florida
- Moana Lani Spa, Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa, Honolulu, Hawaii
- The Spa at Viceroy Riviera Maya, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Hacienda Beach Club, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Source: Unique page views to the Spas of America website, January 1 – December 31, 2016, as measured by Google Analytics.
Search from over 115 beach spa experiences at www.spasofamerica.com/spas.
Spas of America is the world’s largest spa and wellness travel website, showcasing more than 600 of the best resort, hotel and health spas to consumers around the world. We inspire healthy living and travel by providing consumers with a beautiful, clean, easy-to-use online experience in HD quality. The website allows consumers to search for spas by name, keyword, location or experience, and to browse spas on an interactive map.
Launched in 2005, Spas of America receives more than one million page views annually. The site’s traffic is very targeted: 90% U.S. and Canada; 70% female; 25-65 years of age (median age 39); college educated; high household income; and health, wellness and travel oriented.