The Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie Paris at the Shangri-La Hotel in Toronto, Ontario, is No. 1 in the Top 10 City Spas of 2016. This exotic urban retreat takes the top spot in Spas of America’s annual ranking, based on consumer behavior on www.spasofamerica.com, the world’s largest spa and wellness travel website.
“City spas are one of the most popular spa experiences, providing busy people with a chance to rest and rejuvenate without a big time commitment,” says Spas of America president Craig Oliver. “Our website features more than 128 city spa experiences from around the world.”
“We have tried to create an escape for our spa guests, an oasis in the middle of the city where one can leave behind their work stresses for an hour or two,” says Daryll Naidu, director of spa operations at Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie Paris. “We are finding more and more of our regular guests taking time from their busy work day for an hour of relaxation.”
Seven spas from Canada made the top 10 and three from the U.S. “A lower Canadian dollar is helping drive international visits to Canada,” says Oliver. “It also has the effect of encouraging Canadians to stay home and explore their own country. With Canada celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2017, we are forecasting an even better year for Canadian travel.”
Spas of America’s Top 10 City Spas of 2016
- Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie Paris, Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto, Ontario
- CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, British Columbia
- The Spa at The Joule, Dallas, Texas
- The L Spa & Wellness Centre, Grande Prairie, Alberta
- THE SPA InterContinental Toronto Centre, Toronto, Ontario
- eforea spa at Hilton Toronto/Markham Suites, Toronto, Ontario
- Relâche Spa, Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, Nashville, Tennessee
- Nob Hill Spa at the Scarlet Huntington, San Francisco, California
- Bota Bota spa sur l’eau, Montreal, Quebec
- The Parkside Spa, Parkside Hotel & Spa, Victoria, British Columbia
Source: Unique page views to the Spas of America website, January 1 – December 31, 2016, as measured by Google Analytics.
Search from over 125 city spa experiences at www.spasofamerica.com/spas.
Spas of America is the world’s largest spa and wellness travel website, showcasing more than 600 of the best resort, hotel and health spas to consumers around the world. We inspire healthy living and travel by providing consumers with a beautiful, clean, easy-to-use online experience in HD quality. The website allows consumers to search for spas by name, keyword, location or experience, and to browse spas on an interactive map.
Launched in 2005, Spas of America receives more than one million page views annually. The site’s traffic is very targeted: 90% U.S. and Canada; 70% female; 25-65 years of age (median age 39); college educated; high household income; and health, wellness and travel oriented.