One of the country’s most anticipated hotel openings of the year, Ambiente, a Landscape Hotel is preparing to start pulling back the curtain on the property’s sumptuous offerings in advance of its grand debut – most notably, the ultra-therapeutic, Sedona-inspired Velvet Spa.
Situated within the hotel’s two-story, biophilic lobby building, located immediately at the entrance to the three-acre property, Velvet’s intimate, three-room spa will offer a range of restorative treatments that integrate locally sourced ingredients embodying the transformative healing properties for which Sedona is widely revered. Soon to be one of the most renowned spas in the Southwest, Velvet’s cutting-edge wellness offerings were uniquely curated by Jennifer May, co-owner of Two Sister Bosses, the family-owned developer of Ambiente, whose background as a professional aesthetician with more than 20 years of experience largely influenced the development of the harmonious hideaway’s lavish treatment menu.
Signature treatments/offerings include:
- Atrium Rooftop Massage Under the Stars: For those special occasions when something unique is desired, Velvet’s expert massage therapists will be available upon request for single or couples massages under the stars, held on the open-air rooftop of the guest’s private Atrium. As the sun descends behind the majestic red rock formations in the distance, guests will enjoy an indulgent, fireside treatment designed to balance the nervous system, uplift the emotions and leave skin velvety soft, beginning with a luscious exfoliating polish followed by an aromatic journey that ultimately culminates in an incredibly deep state of relaxation.
- Vibro-Acoustic Sound Lounge: Spa guests will enjoy access to a peaceful, private lounge with specially designed beds equipped with InHarmony Interactive Vibroacoustic Sound Lounge Technology and a Cocoon Headset with built-in light therapy, which together create a transformative, full-body physiologic and auditory experience using vibrational sound, music, and light. Scientifically proven to reduce stress and relieve aches and pains, the technology works to penetrate the body’s cells and act as an internal massage that transports guests into an experiential meditative state.
- Nano-Oxygenated Hydrotherapy Soaking Room: In a private bathing area, configured to accommodate either one couple or two solo guests, Japanese-style soaking tubs featuring nano-oxygenated water will be available for spa guests to enjoy at their leisure following their treatments. A newer wellness innovation, the adding of oxygen infusion to hydrotherapy enhances the latter’s already extensive benefits that range from increased metabolism and energy levels to better sleep quality and quantity; softer skin (exfoliates at the nanoscale); increased blood oxygen (for hours after); decreased inflammation & pain; skin rejuvenation; muscle relaxation and more.
- Outdoor Infrared Sauna: Overlooking the property’s beautiful ancient waterways, a spacious, three-quarter-enclosed sauna, complete with black-mirrored, floor-to-ceiling walls for ultimate privacy, will offer a deeply curative infrared treatment.
- Barefoot Botanist: Combining elegant aesthetics and botanical healing with the pleasure that comes from nature’s own organic aromatics, spa guests will have the option to incorporate one of three unique scents from the Barefoot Botanist collection – a boutique line of specially curated, locally crafted body treatments and massage oils from Sedona-based aromatherapy brand, Body Bliss – into their signature, customizable treatment. Scents include Calendula Orange Myrtle (renewing and uplifting), Lavender Blue Chamomile (calming and soothing) and Vanilla Chai Spice (warming and grounding), any of which can be added to a wide variety of body and bath products including massage oils, body lotions, creams and polishes; soothing salt soaks and hand soaps; hydrating balms and salves; candles and more.
The spa’s private treatment rooms each feature their own variation of contemporary, minimal décor, with earthy fixtures and nature-inspired enhancements that have been thoughtfully curated to reflect an authentic Arizona essence. Designed with serenity in mind, the only light emitted in each well-appointed space is cast from backlit murals lining the walls that depict some of the Southwest’s most exceptional scenery – including the world-renowned starry skies, vibrant red rocks, and winding slot canyons of picturesque destinations like Sedona, Monument Valley, and Antelope Canyon – giving each landscape a “glowing” appearance. Lambswool heated pads, cozy microfiber sheet sets, and a warm, sunset orange-colored velvet blanket atop each luxurious treatment bed will allow the guest to feel fully relaxed and stress-free, while a Bluetooth-enabled sound system can be used by the therapist to select music and sounds that yield an even more immersive experience.
Outside of the individual treatment rooms, Velvet’s overarching composition evokes a sense of grounding and the allowing of oneself to reconnect with the natural environment that awaits in its pristine tranquility just beyond Ambiente’s front doors. Warm-toned yet minimalist and earthy by design, the reception space is anchored by plush, velvet furnishings contrasted by ornate wooden and stone tables, and also features retail space and refreshment area with teas and glass carafes of water infused with fresh fruit.
The first of its kind in North America, Ambiente is currently slated to open its doors to the public later this year. Uniquely designed to blend in with the surrounding geography, Ambiente is being constructed with a deep respect for the environment, with a focus on sustainable methods and organic, modern architecture that complements the neighboring topography and minimizes the impact on the land. Comprised of 40 cubed-shaped guest Atriums, elevated above the ground to maximize the property’s dramatic, 360-degree red rock views, the hotel’s bronzed glass and metal exterior and contemporary, elemental interiors exemplify elegant minimalism and embody the utmost in luxurious accommodations.
For more information and to register to be among the first to learn when reservations open, visit AmbienteSedona.com.