Campbell River’s 1958 Ripple Rock explosion is the inspiration for Shelter Point Distillery‘s latest single malt whisky. It has spent 6 years in American oak before finishing for 18 months in an alligator charred Virgin Oak cask. Shelter Point Ripple Rock explodes with intense flavours of chocolate, spices and vanilla. This release is 47% ABV and contains casks that are at least 8 years old.
On the nose, The Ripple Rock has distinct notes of vanilla with a slight chocolate note. The palate is spicy as with an intense chocolate flavor all leading to a wonderfully satisfying finish that is long with an assortment of spiciness, chocolate and vanilla.
Shelter Point Whisky Facts
- Still: Custom-designed copper pot still
- Base: Single Malt Barley (That’s it. Nothing else)
- Distillation: Small-batch, 2x distilled
- Spirit: Natural colour and non-chill filtered
- Alcohol Content: Bottled at 47% Alc.Vol
- Bottle Size: 750ml
- Packaging: Classic Tennessee-style bottle features Vinolok glass closure and original engraving of Shelter Point Farm created by renowned illustrator Steve Noble
Shelter Point Single Malt Whisky, Hand-Foraged Botanical Gin, CanadaOne Vodka and Sunshine Liqueur are available for purchase at a growing number of retailers as well as online.
For more information visit: www.shelterpoint.ca